Translate Becoming Esther

Sunday, April 3, 2016

|Esther of the Month: April 2016|
Tatiana Klein

Before March seventeenth 2016 my knowledge of India was meager and food related. As a California girl from a private christian school, India existed only in my imagination. I was completely oblivious to the wonders kept in the borders of India. However, God was fully aware of my ignorance and he decided to bless me with a journey to India. I believe that He was eager to allow me the pure pleasure of loving his children on the opposite side of the world. 

My school holds annual service trips in the spring, which depart to countries all around the world. I had originally applied to go to a different service trip, and ironically enough, I was thoroughly opposed to even applying to go to India. Obviously, the Lord was patiently waiting to prove his plan for me to be much greater than any plan that I could dream up. 

The months prior to my journey were jam packed with preparation: mentally, emotionally and spiritually. I had been specifically praying for God to "break my heart" for the things that break His, in hopes that I could be a vessel for Him to channel His current of unconditional love. 

Our mission for the trip was to fill the libraries of "dream centers" in the poorest parts of India (Dream center: a place for orphans, and children in dire situations to live, hear the word of God, and thrive in a loving environment- coined by the founder of the organization: Good news India). We were also in preparation to hold a day of activities and a night chapel for each dream center.



Once we landed from the flight that lasted an eternity, 
I could not keep still from my excitement to see these children. Little did I know that God was about to shatter my heart for these precious children of India. 
Each day that came presented me an opportunity to unload the massive amounts of love that were stored in my heart. The Lord blessed me with so much energy, despite the lack of sleep and exponential rate of sickness in the group. I constantly felt incredibly energetic and thrilled to play with these children and be blessed by their faith. 


The kids that I befriended will be embedded in my mind like diamonds. Quickly after I met each group, would I see priceless character. Every child I met showed great reverence to our team and treated us like royalty. They were so eager to give me all their love and comfort. I felt ridiculous being treated so, because it was apparent to me that they were precious and much more worthy of glorification. 


Amidst the devastating public and waves of heat lived the children whose eyes sparkled with vitality. There was a raw joy and sincerity about their smiles. Never in my entire life had I seen such a genuine display of emotion, and never had I loved anything so instantly.

The Lord sure did answered my prayer, and He did not spare any detail. He broke my heart for the impoverished youth of India, and I am immensely thankful for it. I know now the urgency in God's heart to spread love and joy to all His children living in the world. 

-Tatiana Klein





You too can make a difference, by visiting http://goodnewsindia.org. By sponsoring a child for only $35 a month, you can help give these precious ones food, housing, and education. 

No comments:

Post a Comment